Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe!



1. Carve pumpkin, save seeds. If I'm carving mine in the kitchen, I put a strainer in the sink and just throw the seeds in it as I go.
2. Once I have all the seed removed, rinse them well, removing all the orange bits. (One way I found to do this is to put the seeds in a bowl of water, the seeds will float and the pumpkin - as long as it's not attached will sink. Just scoop out the seed and into the strainer)
3. Try to shake out as much water as possible.
4. Place in bowl and add seasoning. I typically use salt and garlic powder. Try those and black pepper or cayenne pepper, seasoning salt or what ever seasoning you prefer. I put in what feels like a lot and that is usually about right.
5. Add about a teaspoon of oil per cookie sheet batch.
6. You'll want to place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Depending on how many seeds you have it may just be one batch (I just made 5) or more!
7. Bake at 350.
8. Stir every 8-10 minutes, should take about a 1/2 hour.
9. Roast until golden brown. Enjoy!

Picture 1: All my pretty little pumpkin seeds!
Picture 2: Baking seeds on cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment